Knowing The Administration of Grade V BSU-Elementary Laboratory School

   

When Sir Albert is Teaching

Hello Everyone😃!

It doesn't feel like two weeks have passed, the observation phase and being a teacher's assistant will be finished soon. It's almost time for the third week, the week that I think is the most important because this week I will do my practice teaching. It’s time to prepare for it very well.

Regarding the class I will teach, Sir Albert told me at the beginning that I would teach the grade 5 (Grade 5 Camia and Rose). And he also told me that the subject I would teach is Science for both classes. For almost two weeks, I have learned a lot and understood how some children learning behavior occurs and how to teach good in Science. The photo below will show my schedule in teaching Science subjects in Grade 5 Camia and Rose every day.


My Schedule

For this practice teaching, Sir Albert gave me an advance topics from his lists of what to be taught to the students. These topics are:
1.        A Compound Microscope
2.        Famous Scientists
3.        General Properties
4.        Special Properties of Solid Materials


Science Book for Grade 5

My first impression when I discovered the topic was that I was surprised. I was surprised because the material was not included in our curriculum in our country (Indonesia) and this material was not taught to elementary school children (in Indonesia). This material is usually taught to students who are at Junior High School or Senior High School. Besides that, I think a lot about how to teach this topic to children so they can enjoy it, because I think this material is quite special and serious. But I realize that our curriculum is different, and this is a challenge for me to teach the topics to children😃.

After I found out the topic that I was about to teach, I began to make one by one the lesson plans. I was asked to make a lesson plan with the semi-detailed lesson plan format. In making the learning plan, I was helped by my buddies (from the Philippines) who came from the teaching field as well. I learned about the structure of the lesson plan used in their school. I also always discuss my ideas regarding learning procedures and always ask for their opinions.


One of My Lesson Plan

In making lesson plans, I emphasize a lot about the right method used when teaching. In addition, learning media is also the center of my attention in making learning plans. Here, I try my best to prepare lesson plans, ranging from setting goals to determining the right evaluation to measure student achievements. 

And for every time I teach, the day before teaching I have to submit my initial lesson plan to Sir Albert. He will correct and give opinions on the lesson plan that I made.

For those of you who want to see how I prepare my lesson plans and how I do my practice teaching, please go to the next page 😁😀.

Comments