When I’m Teaching

Greetings😁!

This is my third time to teach. The topic I will be teaching is about "General Properties (mass, volume, and density)". Like in my first impression, this topic is usually not taught to elementary school students in Indonesia. This topic is usually taught to high school junior students in Indonesia. I just think this topic is very serious, I am challenged again to adapt with a serious type of topic and to be able to teach it with a pleasant manner.

And this time, I will be observed by our supervisor, Maam Jingle Cuevas. She will observe the way I will teach and give an assessment of my teaching practices. But I am grateful that I did not experience any nervousness when she was in class. I teach comfortably as if I'm just with students😁.


I and Ma'am Jinggle

As usual, I started the lesson by asking students about the past lesson. Next I will motivate students as we proceed to the topic of the day. This time I did apperception by asking students to raise books and ask them why the book was heavy. This is an apperception to direct students about mass.


When I’m Teaching

Next I started the core of the lesson. Here I use the expository method combined with the question and answer method. First of all I explain the definition of mass, volume, and density. Next I ask students to provide examples of events or situations from each.


When I’m Teaching


When I’m Teaching

And for the learning materials this time, I also use the demonstration method where I display concrete examples of mass, volume, and density. In some of the demonstrations, I asked students to help me in front. With this method, I hope students can understand and remember more about the concepts of mass, volume, and density. During the demonstration, I always asked various reasoning questions to be answered by students. The questions were in the form of what will happen and what has happened from the experiment.


When The Pupils are Helping Me to Do A Demonstration


When The Pupils are Helping Me to Do A Demonstration


When The Pupils are Helping Me to Do A Demonstration

In this demonstration too, I attribute the results of the experiment to knowing the density of objects with the laws of the density of an object.


When I’m Teaching

Especially for volume and mass topics, here I teach them about the formula to calculate it. Some of my students asked for an example to their friends in front.


When A Pupil is Answering The Question of Density

After the core activities are complete, I evaluated my students. The form of the question for this evaluation is as shown below.




Sheet Evaluation of A Pupil

After the teaching activities were finished, Ma'am Jinggle as our supervisor gave his assessment of the teaching practices that I had done. In fact, I was a little afraid that what I had done was a lot wrong, but it turned back to his judgment.

She turned out to be very happy with all the teaching procedures that I had displayed. She likes the way I make contextual-based lessons and she also likes my way of telling learning goals to students. She further said that she likes the method I use, the expository method, question and answer, and demomstration. She added that the method I chose was very effective to provide students with a complete understanding. Students are also activated in the learning process by being involved in the demonstration activities. In addition, he also likes my way of being able to be firm with students and can manage the class to always be calm.

For all, I am very happy with the teaching that I have done for this topic. I also received a positive response from my supervisor. I hope I can maintain my teaching style like this time😀.

Here I will display a lesson plan for the topics I have taught about General Properties.





Lesson Plan “General Properties

Comments