My Experience When Teaching "Compound Microscope" in Grade V

   

I’m with Grade 5 Rose

Kumusta (Hello) Everyone😀!

This is my first day teaching, with that I will tell you about my first day of teaching. The first topic I taught was about "A Compound Microscope". Actually I was a little anxious to teach this first, I'm just afraid I can't do my best. My main obstacle is that I have to adapt with my students using the English language in teaching. This is a tremendous challenge for me, but I can reduce my anxiety and try to do my best.

I taught all my students to study in the Science laboratory. There is an original microscope available, so they can learn while looking at the original object. In this laboratory there were only 10 microscopes available, so I grouped and classify the children for them to have a chance to learn and see the microscope parts.


The Pupils Already Sit on Their Chairs

When 09.25 A.M. arrived, grade 5 camia had begun to enter the room and occupy their respective seats. When every one is seated, I begun to open the lesson. In the first stage, I started by inviting students to remember past lessons. After that, I started to move to the motivation stage or we usually call apperception. To make students feel cheerful, I also taught them to sing short, cheerful songs. This is the video clip.


Check Check Sound

          After that, I headed to the core activities. Here I invite students to observe the microscopes in front of them. In introducing the microscope parts, I used a large microscope image where there were inscribed parts of the microscope and its function. I asked them to read first, then I asked them to show/touch each part and mention their name.






When I’m Teaching

After teaching about the parts of the microscope, I invited the students to play a game called "Spin Wheel". Here they are divided into 4 groups where each group must turn the wheel to get questions. The questions were in the form of names of microscope parts. The mechanics goes this way, after they get the name of a part of the microscope, they must attach it to the correct part of the microscope. If they put it right, their group will get a score. The group that gets the most scores will be the winner. I would  show you the photos and videos.








When The Pupils are Doing The Spin Wheel Game

After all, I closed the lesson for Grade 5 Camia. And then I prepare to teach Rose class 5 at 10.25 A.M.

After I finished teaching the two classes, Sir Albert and I talked in his room about the results of his observations regarding to how I did my teaching. He said congratulations to me because had passed this day well. He is also appreciated the methods, media, and games that I usedin teaching because it really gives meaning to the topics that my students should learn.

From his observations, he advised me to use a little time during the review phase. Because when I teach, I use a long time at the review stage. And also he advised me to enlarge the writing on the cardboard regarding the function of the microscope parts, because some students sitting in the back did not see clearly the writing.

And with my first day of teaching, I feel happy because I have done the best and according to my expectations. I hope my next teaching will be better and even better😁.

Here I will display a lesson plan for the topics I have taught regarding microscope.







Lesson Plan “A Compound Microscope”

Comments