When I am in Our Dormitory

Good Day😁! This time I will tell you about my impressions during my stay in La Trinidad, Benguet Province, Philippines. Previously, I learned that Philippines is one of the countries in the Southeast Asia region. And I've also seen on a world map where the Philippines is located. It turns out that the Philippines is across the island of Kalimantan, Indonesia.


The Mountains in La Trinidad

La Trinidad is a municipality in the mountains province of Benguet. The place is just few kilometers away from Baguio City which is the summer capital of the PhilippinesLa Trinidad is famous for its strawberry plantations. The place has cold weather (not too hot and not too cold) so I like being here. Here, too many people's houses are on the mountains, you can see it clearly from where you stand.


Strawberry Farm

Related goods sold here are more or less the same in Indonesia. The price is actually almost the same as the price in Indonesia, sometimes there is a bit cheaper and a little more expensive than in Indonesia. But the average price of the needs here is the same as in Indonesia.


La Trinidad’s Hillside

At La Trinidad, I have found three fundamental things and practices that are different from my country. Many interesting things from what I found. The things are as follows.

1.        Always Keep Right
When walking and driving, here we must always go to the right. This is different from Indonesia, which is always on the left side of the road. I have to adapt also when walking to a place in La Trinidad.

2.        Very Rarely Do People Use Bicycles and Motorbikes
Here there are very few or almost no bicycle and motorcycle users. The majority of them walk and take public transportation (jepney or taxi) when they want to go somewhere. This is different from Indonesia where almost everyone has and uses bicycles and motorbikes.

3.        Their Second Language is English
This is a cool thing from Philippines, where their second language is English. They can understand and speak in English, even small children can understand it. This is different from Indonesia which we do not use English as a second language. I think it’s a good thing because English is an international language so it is very good to master it. I hope that someday English will become the second language in Indonesia, besides Indonesian.

4.        Typhoons Often Occur
There are lots of typhoons in the rainy season. The government here always monitor related weather forecasts and will inform all people when the weather will be bad. The government also often decides to close schools and even works due to typhoons. This is also a different thing from Indonesia where in Indonesia it is very rare to have typhoons. Even in my place there has never been a typhoon.

5.        Filipino People Also Have Different Races
Here I have found many different faces of race. Some lead to China, Indonesia and the West. In Indonesia there are actually some areas that have many racial differences, but this is different from the one in my place. In my place nearly one hundred percent of people have faces with the same race. So here I sometimes stop to observe the faces of some people.

The above mentioned are my impressions while in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines. All in all, I am very happy to be here. I got a new scene from the world. I also learned a lot about the cultures that are here😁.

Comments